Responsible for driving IT strategy and accountable for the IT budget, policies, and procedures.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be responsible for overall management of all IT and Telecom services at UCA locations worldwide and will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and would require regional travel.
The CIO will be responsible for aligning all information management resources/systems with the University’s strategy and academic plan. And will also be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the IT infrastructure, IT security and applications. The position is responsible to drive the IT strategy and accountable for the IT budget, policies, and procedures, and to ensure improved IT and Telecom facilities to UCA users.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations of all IT systems and infrastructure for all UCA locations.
- Ensure integration of IT systems and software to enhance the effectiveness of University programs and operations.
- Lead the design and implementation of key software support systems including campus solutions, library management, course management solutions etc.
- Lead the enhancement and optimisation of the SAP ERP system
- Implement UCA’s strategy on enhancing collaboration with partner institutions and organizations to conduct joint events and conferences in the technology area.
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to the IT teams and other stakeholders within the institution to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Work with the Aga Khan University (AKU) team within the framework of the AKU-UCA partnership for IT.
- Develop IT policies and procedures including IT security, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Prepare IT budgets, resource requirements and operational plans for annual and special projects.
- Develop and implement programs to enhance IT skills among University faculty, staff and students.
- Recruit, train and mentor IT staff for UCA.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers for installing and maintaining infrastructure and applications in accordance with UCA procurement policies and guidelines.
- Review and update the University’s IT strategy as a single entity with campuses across multiple locations.
- Collaborate closely with UCA’s communications team regarding UCA’s online presence and provide technology support / advice as required.
- Support the leadership of the University schools in driving technology partnerships with other institutions within the AKDN as well as other organisations within Central Asia and abroad.
- Support the Campus construction team on technology planning for the expansion of the University.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences / Information Technology or related discipline.
- Over 10 years related work experience.
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms, including Microsoft Systems (Office 365), Linux/Open Source, and others.
- Experience working with ERP systems (SAP S/4 HANA experience is desirable)
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Visible leader who is entrepreneurial in spirit with the ability to engage others.
- Excellent understanding of technology and demonstrated IT leadership.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, decision-making and drive for success/results.
- Ability to think strategically and analyse information to service the needs of UCA
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills for regular discussions and interaction with colleagues and external partners.
- Good team player with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- A strong interest in Education and development issues.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability to train others and share knowledge on projects.
- Good communication and presentation skills.