GovTech are looking for a CIO that will strive to meet the business objectives and operational needs of its agencies.
The statutory board of the Singapore Government, the Government Technology Agency (GovTech) is on the hunt for a CIO for GovTech managed agencies.
According to the LinkedIn job ad the new CIO will provide strategic and tactical leadership in harnessing technologies to deliver value-added services.
They will also be responsible for leading, driving and executing the overall digitalisation plan, in partnership with the chief digital strategy officers of the assigned managed agency.
GovTech are looking for a CIO that will strive to meet the business objectives and operational needs of the agencies and to ensure that they are recognised as innovative users of infocomm technologies. Thehy will also provide advice and guidance on the strategic use of ICT and develop strong collaboration with partners and vendors for leverage in resolving critical or escalated issues.
The CIO will work on:
- Alignment of the agencies’ workplan to higher-level objectives. Review ICT initiatives and programmes to identify opportunities to harmonise IT applications, in order to achieve alignment with the over-arching ICT infrastructures and architecture.
- Strategic partnership with agencies’ senior management to understand their issues and help promote / influence directions.
- Monitor effectiveness of site performance and pre-empt problems.
- Facilitate synergies with other entities within GovTech and beyond. You will also cascade down higher-level vision, goals and initiatives.
- Manage the deployment of staff effectively and strategically to fulfil resource requirements.
- Coach/mentor staff, identify high potential talent and hone their capabilities, drive staff development opportunities, coordinate and integrate people efforts with the objective of attracting and retaining a motivated and high-performing team.
Candidates must have the following:
- Graduate degree in computer science or related discipline with relevant ICT experience
- 20 years’ experience with at least 10 years in management capacity
- Experience in the public sector or robust ICT experience in the private sector, preferably in the development, implementation and deployment of ICT plans and activities
- Knowledge of ICT operations in public and private sectors
- Strategic thinking skills with broad perspective of different issues
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
GovTech aims to transform the delivery of government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. The agency also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.